The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, Operations
Title: Human Resources Associate
Reports to: Human Resources Director
Date posted: November 26, 2013
Date available: Immediately
The Broad Foundations were established by entrepreneur and philanthropist Eli Broad to advance entrepreneurship for the public good in education, science and the arts. The Broad Foundations, which include The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation and The Broad Art Foundation, have assets of $2.4 billion. For more information, please visit www.broadfoundation.org.
This position is staffed by Family Office Financial Services, LLC, which provides a variety of services to The Broad Foundations, The Broad Center for the Management of School Systems, The Broad Medical Research Program, and Eli Broad’s Department.
The human resources associate will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of human resource functions for several employers including The Eli & Edythe Broad Foundation, The Broad Art Foundation, The Broad Center for Management of School Systems, The Broad Collection and Family Office Financial Services, LLC, approximately 100 employees in total. Heavy emphasis on payroll, benefits, 401k, new hire and terminating employee administration and compliance activities.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll. Download and review quarterly and annual payroll tax filings. Organize and maintain payroll records (physical records and digital records).
- Maintain personnel records and HRIS.
- Handle new hire administration, terminating employee administration, and leaves of absence.
- Prepare periodic HR reports and reconciliations.
- Manage day-to-day health plan administration. Process adds/terms from the plan. Follow through with carriers. Check invoices. Keep changes up-to-date in various databases.
- Manage day-to-day 401k plan administration. Process semi-monthly employee 401k contributions and annual employer contributions. Process adds/terms from the plan.
- Maintain business relationships with HR vendors (i.e. Paychex, Vanguard, insurance broker, benefit carriers, etc).
- Work with the HR director to deliver high quality service in compliance with HR best practices.
- Assist the HR director with a variety of special projects. Perform some administrative tasks.
- Assist with recruiting efforts as needed.
The selected candidate need not already possess a comprehensive knowledge of HR topics such as FMLA, CFRA, PDL, COBRA, wage and hour law, etc, but they will be expected to quickly research, understand and apply these topics on the job.
The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelors degree
- Two or more years of professional experience. Experience in human resources, payroll or accounting is a plus.
- Strong technology skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, HR Software, Web-based payroll, etc.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and high level of integrity
- Hands-on attitude, problem solver, analytical thinker
- Driven, results-oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly organized and efficient
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced office environment
- A high degree of flexibility, dedication, resourcefulness, energy, and creativity
- Ability to handle confidential information with care and discretion
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background and reference check, which will include a full credit and criminal report as well as verifications of employment and educational records. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
This position is based in Los Angeles, California.
The appointee’s compensation package will be based on his or her experience and salary history. The foundation offers excellent benefits including a variety of health plans and 401k plan.
To be considered for this position, please upload your letter of interest and resume at https://thebroadfoundations.recruiterbox.com/jobs/27180. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Family Office Financial Services, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristic covered by law with regard to employment opportunities.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.