Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation.
Front Desk Manager
REPORTS TO: President
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-exempt
DATE POSTED: November 15, 2016
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation was established by philanthropists Eli and Edythe Broad to advance entrepreneurship for the public good in education, science and the arts. The Broad Center develops leaders to transform America’s urban public school systems. The Broad Art Foundation is a lending library of the over 2,000 works of contemporary art in the Broad collections. The Broad is a new contemporary art museum in downtown Los Angeles.
This position is staffed by Family Office Financial Services, LLC, which provides a variety of services to The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, The Broad Center, The Broad Art Foundation, The Broad and Eli Broad’s personal offices.
The Front Desk Manager has primary responsibility for the logistical functioning of the headquarters for Family Offices Financial Services, The Broad Center and The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation. The position is the first point of contact for all staff and visitors to the Broad offices, and is responsible for ensuring staff and visitors alike find the offices clean, productive, fun and efficient. The Front Desk Manager will need to simultaneously greet VIP guests and manage operational fires throughout the office.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Front Desk Duties
• Staff front desk; greet staff, guests and vendors
• Maintain reception area
• Sign for and accept deliveries
• Coordinate office-wide services, repairs, maintenance and space changes
• Liaise with the office of the building
• Administer office security system
• Serve as point-person for conference rooms
• Maintain vendor relationships (i.e. office plant maintenance, carpet cleaning service, document destruction service, furniture manufacturer and installer, etc.)
• Oversee kitchen: cleaning, dishwasher emptying, provision inventory and ordering
• Order supplies (office and grocery)
• Review and manage invoices related to office operations
• Plan monthly office birthday/anniversary celebration and bagel day
• Coordinate office-wide Fun Committee
• Assist with maintaining integrity of office-wide Salesforce database
• Implement and manage office-wide safety protocols (CPR/AED training, fire/earthquake preparedness, emergency notification system, annual fire drill)
• Provide back-up support for office mail pick-up and delivery
• Onboard new staff (i.e. share office procedures, emergency preparedness, parking and security access)
• Offboard exiting staff (i.e. remove from all office-wide lists, revoke parking and security access)
• Maintain office aesthetic and appearance (i.e. manage repairs, monitor art collection, purchase furnishings)
• Provide back-up phone coverage for office of the founder
The successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of three years of administrative experience in a professional, fast-paced, formal business environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to interact with high-profile leaders in the business, civic and education communities
• Demonstrated discretion
• Expert experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Salesforce
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• An outstanding academic and professional record
• Ability to comfortably lift 25 pounds and climb a 6’ ladder
In addition, the candidate must be:
• Respectful, honest and ethical
• Able and willing to represent the office in a professional and polished way
• Highly organized
• Flexible, dedicated, resourceful, energetic and creative
• Superb judgment
• Service-oriented and a team player
• Proactive, driven, results-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Attentive to detail
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background and reference check, which will include a full credit and criminal report, as well as verifications of employment and educational records. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
This position is based in Los Angeles, California.
The appointee’s compensation package will be based on his or her experience and salary history. The foundation offers excellent benefits including a variety of health plans and 401(k) plan.
To be considered for this position, please upload your letter of interest and resume here. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Family Office Financial Services, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristic covered by law with regard to employment opportunities.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.
Click here to view job postings for The Broad Center.
Click here to view job postings for The Broad.