Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation.
Front Desk/Office Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Front Desk/Office Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Manager, Offices of the Founder and President
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-exempt
DATE POSTED: November 2018
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
Philanthropists Eli and Edythe Broad founded The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation to advance entrepreneurship for the public good in education, science and the arts. The Foundation has created groundbreaking independent institutions in each of its three investment areas, including The Broad Center, which develops leaders to help transform America’s urban public schools, The Broad Institute, a global leader in genomics, and The Broad, a museum in downtown Los Angeles devoted to showcasing great contemporary art.
The Front Desk/Office Coordinator has primary responsibility for the logistical functioning of the headquarters for Family Offices Financial Services, The Broad Center and The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation. The position is the first point of contact for all staff and visitors to the Broad offices and is responsible for ensuring staff and visitors alike find the offices clean, productive, fun and efficient. The Front Desk Coordinator will need to simultaneously greet VIP guests and manage operational fires throughout the office.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Work with leadership on office culture
• Plan office family picnic and holiday party
• Plan monthly office birthday/anniversary celebration and bagel day
• Coordinate officewide Fun Committee
• Implement and manage office-wide safety protocols (CPR/AED training, fire/earthquake preparedness, emergency notification system, annual fire drill)
• Provide back-up coverage for office of the founder
• Manage the founder’s scrapbooks
• Provide support for board meeting arrangements
• Serve as point-person for conference rooms
• Maintain vendor relationships (i.e. office plant maintenance, carpet cleaning service, document destruction service, furniture manufacturer and installer, etc.)
• Oversee kitchen: cleaning, dishwasher emptying, provision inventory and ordering
• Order supplies (office and grocery)
• Review and manage invoices related to office operations
• Assist with maintaining integrity of office-wide Salesforce database
• Provide back-up support for office mail pick-up and delivery
• Onboard new staff (i.e. share office procedures, emergency preparedness, parking and security access)
• Offboard exiting staff (i.e. remove from all office-wide lists, revoke parking and security access)
• Write contribution request decline letters
• Staff front desk; greet staff, guests and vendors
• Maintain reception area
• Sign for and accept deliveries
• Maintain office aesthetic and appearance (i.e. manage repairs, monitor art collection, purchase furnishings)
• Coordinate office-wide services, repairs, maintenance, and space changes
• Liaise with the office of the building
• Administer office security system
The successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of three years of administrative experience in a professional, fast-paced, formal business environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to interact with high-profile leaders in the business, civic and education communities
• Demonstrated discretion
• Expert experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Salesforce
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• An outstanding academic and professional record
• Ability to comfortably lift 25 pounds and climb a 6’ ladder
In addition, the candidate must be:
• Respectful, honest and ethical
• Able and willing to represent the office in a professional and polished way
• Highly organized
• Flexible, dedicated, resourceful, energetic and creative
• Able to show superb judgment
• Service-oriented and a team player
• Proactive, driven, results-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Able to demonstrate a superb attention to detail
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the job.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background and reference check. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
This position is based in Los Angeles, California. Regular attendance in-office is required.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with skills and experience. The Foundation offers excellent benefits including a variety of health plans and a 401(k) plan.
To be considered for this position, please upload your letter of interest and resume here. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin (including associational and perception-based harassment and discrimination based on national origin), ancestry, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, medical condition (as defined by California law), genetic information, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law with regard to employment opportunities.